Monday, May 2, 2011








I sit, stunned that Pandora has not put things together. Taking her hand I give it a squeeze. "Cooza, When did the dreams start with Chloe?"

Her eyes widen as it finally dawns on her. Along with the surprise, I catch the rising spike of fear. "Si,,, you are already pregnant. Perhaps these dreams, they are a warning? Josi does not know, then you have been shielding very tight and he already knows something is going on. If you do not open to him soon, I know mi cooza... he will lose patience and ask outright."

Tears well in Pandora's eyes, she closes them and the tears slip down her cheeks. I taste her energy, feeling the absolute fear. "Cooza, what do you fear more? That the baby may show more signs of his Daemon heritage? Or that Josi would not want him?" I shake my head, pressing her shaking hands together. "Do not fear Josi will want the child destroyed. He is Romanavich. Children are life. They are miracles from the Goddess, a seed that there is always Hope. And we, your familia... we are here, even those half a world away. Besides... a boy..."

I smile. "Josi was vera destructive as a child I hear. Liked to experiment with the edges of pain and destruction, and look how well he turned out?" I turn and look up at the stage, making a face to make Pandora smile. "Perhaps not such a good example?"

Pandora's shields slip a little as she relaxes and laughs. At the next table Alise's head turns and she half rises, a yelp of surprise escaping. On stage there is a commotion as Ob stops in mid-song. Alise looks at Pandora, concern following the smile that started on her face. She excuses herself from Raina, Gareth, and Tannr. Her arms come around Pandora from behind and both women cry silently.

Moments later Ob is on his knees beside his wife. He cups his wife's face and kisses her gently, speaking to her in a way only the Gars and their kin can. She nods and he throws back his head and HOWLS!

Ike leans close to the mic, murmuring to the astonished crowd.

"I think my brother just found out his wife is having a boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....