Saturday, May 14, 2011








The wards at the cottage delay my passage not at all - which is as it should be. They should, however, have made short work of any being larger than a pixie; so it is a puzzle how the ghoul - now just a reeking pool of loathsome putrescence - managed to breach them.

It is a question I mean to go into ere I depart tonight; for now, a muttered "Er if ym th'gil yb abno em oc." calls fire from the earth to engulf the ghoul-that-was. I assure myself of the continued good health of all present, marveling at the courage of one small boy, gargoyle stock or no. Evidently my security procedures require review; yet I would not choose to increase the current number of individuals who can boast unfettered access to the cottage. It will require serious thought on my part to tighten security without leaving a perpetual guard in place....

The word of the attack has spread, and Lady Raina and the vampire arrive mere moments ahead of the other two members of their unusual family. Conventional wisdom has it that "two heads are better than one". Perhaps, then, I should take counsel of these younger folk in the hope that they may have fresher ideas than my own....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....