Wednesday, May 4, 2011








Tannr was grinning when he walked in the gallery and saw Tori. She turned and Tannr caught a glimpse of her smile before he pulled her close.

“So, did you get the job? I missed you when I... changed...”

Tannr nods, “Yeah, I did. I have to go back later for a tour and to meet a few people. Then they want to set up a time for this branding thing...”

Head snapping up Tori looks at Tannr, “Whooaa... brand? You never said anything about a brand.”

“I just found out about it or I would have told you. I'm not sure how crazy I am about it either. Its a cross type of a thing...” and Tannr goes on to explain to Tori that all the employees have it and how it works. “At least its not a Templar's cross. Maybe I can tattoo something around it after it heals...”

Tori noticed the look in Tannrs eyes when he mentioned 'Templar's cross'. A darkness in his eyes and stillness to his being, barely noticeable to most. Her hand reaches up to touch his face, “Templars?”

“Mercenary work. A long time ago, better left in the past.” Tannr sighs. “Inari has a similar type of brand, but hers is infused with magic, or at least thats how the story goes.” Tannr tries to change the subject and plants a kiss on Tori's head. “Have you eaten yet? I'm starved..”

Shaking head Tori replies, “No, we can order something or go to the tavern after I close up.” She is quiet for a minute then says, “I want to go with you. When they do the brand. Can you make the appointment in the evening? And make sure I can be there?”

Seeing a hint of worry in her eyes Tannr agrees. “Sure Red. If it's okay with them you can come with me....” He pulls her closer, “anytime... anywhere...”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....