Wednesday, May 4, 2011









Owwww....

For the record: vampires are very hard to hurt, and even harder to kill, but we do feel pain; and it's particularly intense when you're the size of a mouse and you get slammed by something the size and density of a toaster oven - with wings. I feel like I just went ten rounds with a Mack truck on steroids - and I wish the experience had been indefinitely postponed.

Way to lead with your head, Nick....

When the little birds have finished circling my head - chasing the stars, no doubt - I fish out my cell phone and place a call. No more than fifteen minutes later, Gareth shows up in a red 'Vette. He gets an arm under my shoulder and walks me to the car - which is really his elvensteed Brendan. Just as well... the way I feel right now, I couldn't take an aggressive pigeon. He gets me settled and strapped in and then Tori walks over.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm cool. You showed up just as I was gonna bash my head into his wing a few more times. That would've shown the bastard...."

Tori laughs. "Well, at least your sense of humor is intact."

"Which is more than you can say for my pride." I give her a crooked grin. "Thanks for the assist. I owe you."

She waves it away. "Forget it. Buy me a drink sometime and we'll call it even."

"A drink... that sounds good." I put a hand on Gareth's shoulder. "Home, James, and don't spare the horse."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....