Saturday, May 7, 2011









I don't know magic, but I know when something feels wrong, and I feel it now. The farther I get from Keon and Pike, the colder it seems to get. The very air seems wrong, like I'm running through molasses or something. Every step is a major effort, but I keep going; what else can I do?

I explode through a tangle of bushes, sword in hand, and then fear and rage run through my veins in equal measure. Star is struggling with two dark elves, fighting like hell to get free. Her eyes go wide when she sees me, then something moves too fast to follow and suddenly one of the elves goes down with an axe in his head.

I spare a glance to the left and see Tannr, looking tough and competent and dangerous as hell, readying his second axe - and I doubt he's planning on splitting wood. His voice is level. "Walk away or die."

Just then all Hel breaks loose, and when all is said and done, the other Drow has been dispatched - by Tiger, no less. I always knew that big pussycat would come in handy…. I move to take a weeping, nearly hysterical Star in my arms, holding her close. "Shhhh, shhhh… it's okay, Princess, everything's okay…." We'll have to talk, but now is not the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....