Thursday, May 5, 2011








The detective slowly enters the tavern and takes a look around. He approaches the bar and orders a Coke. Turning on the bar stool he takes in the customers.

Several others and some I dont know for certain. Mixed maybe... or just human and more comfortable here for some reason... Quite a looker at that table, black hair, green eyes.... There.. the two redheads... the woman must be the one that kicked Samantha out of here the other night..... her companion seems to be knocking back the whiskey pretty hard... Might as well get this over with....

Approaching the table where the group has gathered around Tannr, he says “Excuse me, Miss... Tori, is it? I'm Detective Lieutenant Steve Randall. Can I ask you some questions?"

Tori turns in her seat, "What's this all about, detective?"

"A couple of young ladies have gone missing. We got a tip that you had a disagreement with one of them night before last. That right?"

Tori laughs. "Disagreement... that's one way of putting it."

“Would you care to correct me?"

Raina can sense the dangerous stillness in Tannr. She knew from experience that usually wasnt a good sign. She wasnt positive with Tannr, but with Erik it meant an explosion was imminent. She carefully lays a hand on his forearm as Tori answers the detective.

“She was hitting on my boyfriend, detective. He made it clear that he wasn't interested, more than once; then I warned her off. I guess the warning didn't take, 'cause she just kept trying."

"And what did you do?"

"I decked the bitch."

"What time would that have been?"

"I don't know... maybe around ten, ten-thirty."

"What happened after the fight ended?"

"They left. I saw them get into a taxi and leave."

"Have you seen either one of them since then?"

Tannr slams his hand down on the table, startling everyone at the table. He stands and takes Toris hand and pulls her to his other side, away from the cop."That's enough. Are you trying to say someone - that Tori did something to them? Is that what you're getting at?”

“I'm just trying to get at the truth, mister."

"She's told you the truth. I think she's said just about all she's going to say for one night." He looks up at Tori. "That right, Red?"

“I just need to know where you were the rest of that night.” Detective Randall was clearly intimidated and trying hard not to show it. Tannr towered over him and was clearly not having any more to do with questions or anyone hassling his girlfriend.

“She was with me all night. And if you have questions about that, they need to be asked privately, not here...”

Handing Tori a business card the Detective mumbles "Thanks, I may be in touch.", and leaves the tavern.

Tannr relaxes when he sees the man head out the front door. He looks to Tori and sees an amused, slightly exasperated look on her face. He pulls her close, wrapping his arms around her.

“Dont say it. I know you're tough, I know you can take care of yourself. That doesnt mean I'm going to sit back like some pansy ass and let a fuck like that try and corner you. Not happenin' Elskan min.”

Tori returns the embrace, smiling. Happy knowing that Tannr realized she could stand for herself, but more than willing to stick up for her anyway.

She looks over towards the bar and sees Ob, a grin on his face as he sends to Stoney. He's like Erik, cojones when pushed and pissed off....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....