Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Raina is close to tears, her throat so tight she can hardly speak, she nods at Stoney and asks where to lock the girl up. “She may prove useful in the future. Although I dont really know if Nick needs to feed or not. I guess he could snack on her later.”

Rainas thoughts are swirling in her head, This is all my fault. I should never have left her alone. I didnt have to be in the contest, why didnt I just say no and stay with Alise? None of this would have happened..Its my fault, my fault, just like before, just like....She shakes her head hard and pushes the girl towards the stairs and then drags her down the steps. “Anything that happens to Alise I swear will be visited back on you tenfold. I will cut your heart out myself and feed it to the vampire.”

Raina can hear the girl crying after the door is securely locked but her mind is somewhere else. Memories and pain have flooded her soul, memories of the sister she loved and failed that she has tried to bury for 700 years but never quite succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....