Friday, December 24, 2010

"Yes, sundown will be best. It'll take that long for Stoney to turn back to flesh, anyway. If you'll all meet with me an hour before sundown - will someone check that on the Web, what time it's gonna be? - I can tell you everything you'll need to know. Rowan, you and I will need to talk soon; your part is going to be a bit more complicated than the rest. Everyone else, I suggest you catch several hour's sleep; we don't know how long this will take."

"One other thing." I look slowly around the semicircle of face, locking eyes with each. "This is my area of expertise; I know this stuff better than any of you. Rowan, when it comes to your patient, you're in control; but on this trip, I'm field commander. You do what I say, when I say, exactly as I say, or we scrub the mission. When I say it's time to leave, we leave, and no arguments. Understood?"

I get a "yes" from all concerned. Rowan and I agree to get together after breakfast, and someone is going to have to break this to Nick and Raina. Not looking forward to that at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....