Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Hey, thanks for watching my stuff. You really should take her out, maybe fuck her brains out, she has the major hots for you.” Raina smiles at Jack and gathers up her gear. She heads over to the booth where Nicholas is sitting.

While she is waiting for her food she has time to sit back and watch some of the patrons at the tavern. Not very many humans, thats for sure. Even Jack, although he used to be human, is different now.... She watches Monty come in and talk to Patti.. So the little marmur has it for the bartender too. No wonder he wanted to change... She feels some hostility coming from the direction of the gar on the stairs, or was it directed at Nicholas?... Being an empath did have its drawbacks and didnt work with all supernaturals, not that Raina cared much. It was just something that came in handy and helped her decide who was friend and who wasnt.

Raina wolfs down her food as if she hasnt eaten in days and washes it down with the beer. Asking for another she sits back and watches Nicholas who is watching her. Watching her chest to be exact. “Holy hell Nicholas, I have a face and it isnt between my shoulders, its a bit higher up. And yes they are real...” Raina laughs, she is used to being stared at and it really doesnt bother her, except when she wants to get to know someone. And for some reason she really wants to know this man. It isnt just that he is handsome in a somewhat dangerous way, theres something else that intrigues her. Something else besides the huge hard on and very full kissable lips.... the thought making her hot and wet...

“What am I, I think you asked. Many things, empath, shaman, warrior, seeker, hard to label me I guess. Why do you ask? I imagine you have crossed paths with many different types. I am sure my blood doesnt taste any different than anyone elses...” Raina could feel the dragon becoming more restless with every passing minute. Her “pets” needed to run, it had been days since she had been able to let them go. “Who do I talk to about a room? And I need someone to look at one of my swords...” Nicholas eyebrow raised ever so slightly at that last comment. Was he reacting to the room or the sword? Was he worried that she would cut his head off? She could, but didnt want to, unless of course he really was planning on having her for supper.

“Excuse me for a minute? I forgot something on my bike. Be right back.” Raina heads outside and instead of going right to her Harley she steps into the deepening evening shadows of the alley. She slips off the tank top and stretches out her arms causing the tiniest of shifts in the air as it shimmers around her. The purple dragon on her back stretches out his wings, lifts off her back and rises above her, gaining in size until he is comparable to a large horse. He hovers above her, long enough for Raina to scratch his nose and wish him good hunting. He puffs air in her face, much like a horse and takes off, flying swiftly and is soon out of sight. The leopard quickly follows, but does not leave without some petting from his mistress, making him purr loudly. Find me in the morning, loves. I will leave a window open. She communicates telepathically with them and she knows they will be back when she asks. She tries to get the little green viper to go, but it wont leave her. I dont think the vampire really means to eat me little one, but suit yourself. You can go later if you wish.

She puts her top back on, goes to the bike and dons a black bolero sweater to cover her arms and back. She doesnt want to answer questions just yet and there are always questions about the tats. She supposed it was freaky to some people, sometimes the tats were there, then gone and back again... She removes a long case that was attached to the side of her bike containing her swords and heads back into the tavern. She passes the bouncer on her way back in. Wow, a werewolf. I could be supper to more than one creature hanging out here.

Returning to the booth and to Nicholas she says “OK, now about that room. I desperately need a shower.” Raina notices the slightest widening of both Nicholas' eyes. Hhmmm...good to know. He isnt as unreadable as he would like to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....