I take the drunk by the sleeve. "The lady said no. That's all the answer you need."
"Mind your own damn business, you pasty-faced sonofabitch."
Okay, that's just rude. "I'm telling you one last time - leave the lady alone."
He takes a swing that misses by a mile. I probably should let that be it, but I've never been that good at controlling my temper, especially when the bastard does it again!
That's it.
I vamp out completely, forgetting that Raina has never seen this - face white as paper, pupilless eyes red as the fires of Hell. I grab the drunk by the front of his shirt - one-handed - and haul him none-to-nose with me. "The lady said NO!" The last word is a bellow. I give him a good close look at my face - the closer the better for this kind of work. "You listen to me, fuckwad. You get out of this tavern and you never come back. Next time I see your ugly face I'm going to rip it off your head and shove it up your ass. You got that?"
I smell urine. Yep, he got it.
I throw him and he lands on his knees right next to the front door. White-faced and screaming, he manages to hobble through it and into the street.
I watch him go, my fangs overlapping my lower lip, my eyes hot with rage. I choke the rage down, slowly getting back to my human appearance, then turn to go back to my seat. I'm afraid to see the look on Raina's face.
When I sit down next to Raina, she leans close and whispers, “Damn, Nicholas, remind me to never piss you off....”

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....