The last of the customers have filed out of the tavern. Stoney and Ob store the last of the equipment while the girls wrap up the mikes and cords. Stoney watches Ike smile at Monty. He feels her weondering how long it will take for everyone to clear out. Grinning at Ob he teases her.
"We will be gone soon Pussycat. Then you can play with your mouse." Ike turns on him, lunging, and Stoney stumbles off the stage. Landing on his butt he glares at Ike. There is a look in her eyes and he rolls, moving out of the way at the last moment. Stoney is on his feet and dodging around Alise, scooping her up in his arms.
"Save me Mon Chaton! I am about to become pussycat chow!" He laughs as Ike throws up her hands and stalks away calling him a crazy hound.
Turning his attention to Raina and Nicholas, Stoney offers his hand. "Thank you again for defending Alise. I am in your debt."
The Vampire's hand is cold, the grip firm. Stoney keeps his eyes slightly lower. "I don't know if the legends are true, but I owe you. Let me know if there is anything..." He breaks off unsure of what to say.
His hand slides from the vampire's grip and he hugs Alise. "We must get you home, mon amour. I want you safely out of... I want you safely home."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....