Sunday, December 5, 2010

"The lady has a point. I should get a room, too." I smile and meet Raina's eyes. "May I say that it's been a great pleasure meeting you? I seldom meet anyone so... straightforward. It's refreshing."

I signal the bartender, but the new guy comes to the booth. I imagine the ladies here would consider him quite studly. I ask him about a room and he disappears behind the bar for a moment - then the bartender - Patti? - comes to the booth and we get down to business. Raina negotiates her room at the same time and after a moment Patti returns with two keys. Her eyes twinkle when she says, "You're right across the hall from each other."

Okay, what the hell was THAT about?

I raise an eyebrow to Raina. "Is there anything else you need to bring in?  I'm quite strong, due to my... condition, and I'd be happy to offer you a hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....