Alise slips her hand into Stoney's. She sends him her thoughts in french, wanting a bit of privacy.
*Je suis désolé mon amour. Vous devez penser que je suis un tel enfant, mais elle est si beau, je n'ai pas su quoi penser ..... Je danserai pour vous n'importe quand, nu dans le clair de lune si vous voulez, tant que vous chantez pour moi….
Raina knows they are speaking to each other silently. She can feel the confusion and the tension melt away. Feeling relieved she grabs the bottle of tequila and pours herself a shot. She puts the bottle in the middle of the table and passes out the shot glasses..”Here, everyone, drink up. I cant drink this by myself.” and looking at Nicholas, “Well, I could, but that might not be so much fun for you later....” She reaches over and rubs Alises shoulder, “Hey, I am really sorry. I didnt mean to cause any problems for you... Its just a visual thing that most men get really turned on by, please forgive me. I thought I was adding a little spice to things not making trouble...”
“Its all right, theres nothing to forgive. There are just so many things that are so very different now, compared to when.. well... its just different now.” Alise stumbles over her words a bit, never sure how much to tell people. She really likes Raina and doesnt want her to think she is some kind of freak.
“Sooo...just how many decades are we talking about here? A couple? Three? I know that asshole said the last time he saw you he thought you were dead... were you?", Raina asks, her curiosity getting the better of her.
Alise glances at Stoney, hesitant to respond. “Well, I was dead and now I am not. And as far as the decades go, I think its been more like 12 or so, something like that....”
Twelve decades?? No wonder they are so protective of her... “Damn, thats a long time, no wonder this has been confusing for you...”
Alise nods, “Some of it has been, some not so much..” she smiles as Stoney pushes her hair away from her face and kisses her head. “So Raina, please tell me something... have you ever been with a woman? Sexually I mean...”
There is a sudden hush at the table. Nicholas leans closer with a sardonic half smile on his face waiting for Raina to answer the question. Raina laughs, 'Yes, lítill einn, a few. I prefer men, but sometimes it can be a pleasing experience as well. If you want to know more, we can talk about this sometime, when its a bit more private... and I will tell you what I know.”
Alise nods, “But we can still be friends, cant we?”
“Of course we can, we already are..” Her logic is so child-like... why this constant feeling of foreboding? Is it just me that cant shake it or is there more to worry about? “Remember, you need to ask him about our plan” and Raina reaches for Stoneys hand. Holding her hand out he hesitates looking puzzled and glances at Alise. “Just your hand gargoyle, I have caused enough upset for one night...” She places his hand near her elbow letting the cat sniff.
“Raina, look, she has turned around. Her head was up here before....”
“Yeah, she does that. Its getting late and they all get a little restless.” Raina looks at Stoney and smiles, “I hope you like cats...”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....