Tuesday, January 11, 2011









What's gotten into me? She's so delicate and fragile-looking; I've always liked 'em with long legs and big tits. She's nothing like that, so why is it that I can't take my eyes off her?

Just then, she looks up and sees me watching her. Uh-oh… busted!

She doesn't look offended, though, more like I'm a math problem that she can't quite wrap her mind around.

Raina pokes me in the ribs, none too gently. "Faint heart ne'er won fair lady," she says.

"I know," I groan, "but look at her and then look at me. What can we possibly have in common? What do I say to her?"

She grins. "Just be yourself, big brother. There's a nice guy under that scruffy-looking exterior. Let him out, be nice to her, and don't push. She'll come around."

"Yeah, or find her voice long enough to tell me to get lost," I say glumly.

"You'll never know if you don't try. C'mon, you're a warrior! Don't tell me you're afraid of a little girl!"

I give her an evil look. Your time's coming, little sister….


I'm a warrior, I'm a warrior, I'm a warrior…. I work my way over to where Star is sitting and catch her eye again. "Hi, Star," I say, smiling. "If you're done with that" - nodding at the dish - "I thought you might like to go up to the widow's walk and look at the stars. It's a gorgeous clear night out tonight, and from up there it looks like you could reach out and touch them."

Puzzled, she looks to Rowan, who smiles and explains. "A widow's walk is like a porch that goes all the way around the second floor. It's got a railing so you won't fall, and you can get some fresh air. Maybe Erik would like to give his animals a run, too."

I grin. "Tiger would have trouble up there… it's just not wide enough for us all; but Wolf would be okay - if that's okay with you."

She hesitates, clearly not sure if she likes the idea; but then she looks up to meet my eyes and gives a short nod.

YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....