Monday, January 31, 2011









"Allow me to apologize for the interruption..." Keon resumes his seat and motions to the waitress ordering refills of their drinks. "Are either of you acquainted with Gareth?"

Erik shakes his head. "I've heard the name, but I don't think I've met him."

Keon taps a finger to his lips, debating which messenger would be best. A small demifae buzzes the bonsai, only to be intercepted by Mya. She shakes her finger at it and the smaller zips upwards. Keon smiles. He opens his palm offering a perch to the rebuffed fae.

"A message I want taken, an ye will. Payment be a bit of honey."

The fae nods and lands. As soon as it delivers the message to Gareth, it may return for the honey. Keon watches it zip away, darting over the crowd to hover just out of easy reach of the Sidhe. Once it gains his attention and is beckoned close, the creature lands on Gareth's shoulder and leans in to whisper in his ear. That quickly, it is airborne and darting back for its honey.

"An what say he?"

The creature balls its fists on its hips.

"Ah no ye don't Lord Keon... I took a message for honey, an he not offer a message or payment, I have none ta give."

Keon nods, "True my friend. I did not ask for a return message."

He shifts the plate closer so the fae can dip up a handful. He feels eyes upon him and glances up, noting Gareth watching from across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....