Saturday, January 29, 2011









Okay, that's enough. The elf-lady has monopolized Raina long enough.

I cut in, taking a surprised Raina in my arms, bend her back and kiss her hard till oxygen starts to become an issue. (For her, not me.) Monty grins and applauds and I wave back with a grin.

Raina looks bemused, the faintest shade of pink staining her cheeks. "Care to tell me what that was all about?"

I smile angelically. "I love you. Do I need a better reason?"

She smiles back. "You have something up your sleeve, and it's not your arm." Her fingers play across my groin, teasing. "Nope, definitely not your arm. Why don't we go away and find out what it is?"

"Lead the way, lover."

We step out onto the dance floor and the band begins to play. Raina fits her body to mine and we dance as though joined at the hip. "I have something I need to ask you about."

"What's going on?", she says, looking concerned.

I smile. "How well does being a shaman and warrior pay these days?"

She grins. "What, are you about to run out of black t-shirts? I think we can handle that…."

"Nope." I wait for a second to give it some weight. "What would you think about us getting a place of our own?"

"Are you talking about a house? Us?"

"That's exactly what I'm talking about." Her eyes are bright as the stars outside. "It's not about room - I don't need much space - but privacy can be a consideration here at the Tavern, and it's not like I'm hurting for money. My family was wealthy, and their money has been deposited in several banks over the years, doing nothing but accruing interest. I figure we should be able to find a good place, maybe a fixer-upper, and pay the bulk of it in cash."

"Woo-HOO!" Her arms squeeze me tight. If I wasn't what I am, my ribs would crack. "You really want to live with me?"

"I do, and will. I won't promise that I'll be monogamous - we both know better than that - but I do promise you that you will always come first in my life, and if it comes to choosing between you and anyone else, you'll always be the one I choose."

Her arms go around my neck and she pulls me down for a hell of a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....