Monday, January 31, 2011








Pandora crooned to Chloe as she drifted off to sleep... "Ob, would you mind if I showered while Chloe sleeps?...  I feel safe with you sitting here to hold her."

Pandora slipped the sleeping babe into his arms and got to her feet..."I'm feeling better than I thought I would, but I need to bathe." She felt wonderful in the spray of warm water, the creamy soap washing away the sweat of Chloe's delivery... she brushed her hair and let it fall down on her shoulders and slipped into a caftan of lavender silk. Returning to the room she smiled at Obsidian... he was tracing the outline of her little face as his daughter slept.

Pandora went to the cradle that her father had set down next to the bed and exclaimed when she saw the beautiful linens in it. "Ob, I don't know where these came from, but its the most gorgeous linens... full of embroidery and so delicate... I know they will feel like silk against Chloe's skin... who made them?... so detailed and definitely hand done." She picked up the pillow slip and showed it to him, delicate flowered embroidery and open work... hours of detail and hundreds of stitches. "Someone gave our daughter a most special gift, it shall be treasured and handed down to Chloe's children."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....