Sunday, January 30, 2011









It's a fact. I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies.

On the other hand, Raina's here, and I have some important news for her. No time like the present….

"I have some news for you, little sister."

"Oh gods," Raina moans. "Do I need to sit down for this?"

I grin. "You might, actually. This could come as a shock."

Raina sits and looks at me expectantly.

"I've asked Star to marry me, and she's accepted."

The sound that escapes from Raina then sounds like Xena crossed with a Viking war cry.

"Thank the gods! It's about damn time we got some good news around here!" She throws her arms around me and hugs me tight. "Now you treat her right, or I'll kick your ass for you!"

"You have my word," I say, smiling.

Then she hauls off and lets me have a backhanded slap right across the chops. My ears ring for a second, then - "What the hell was that for?"

"That's for making me think it was something bad." She grins broadly. "I love you, you big jerk. Make her happy, or you'll have to deal with me."

I step forward - a little hesitantly, just in case she has another one of those slaps in store - and give her a big hug. "Star has made me the happiest man on earth. I'll never do anything to hurt her."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....