Saturday, December 11, 2010

The wolf backs slowly away as Stoney moves to Alise' side. His arms encircle her, drawing her close. The wolf's words are muffled and Stoney tells him to repeat himself.

"Gracias… por el regalo de su miedo."

Ob's eyes open wide. "I wouldn't have pegged you as Spanish." Stoney looks at the wolf, waiting for him to explain himself.

The young man settles back looking at Alise, then Stoney.

"I was raised on the other side of town, a lot of Spanish people. I thanked her for the gift of her fear. He seems to feed on the fear he can create. if he makes her afraid enough to run and hide out..." he looks straight at Alise. "I will be able to find you. The others...?" he shakes his head. "fear changes a scent."

He moves back to the table where he was sitting when it all started. His friends thank Alise for her indulgence and settle in with drinks.

"Are you alright mon Chaton?" He cradles her in his arms, careful of her injured wrist. He turns to look at the young men. They are sitting back, talking. "Ob said they found the first girl crying in the woods near the college. Ron... the fox I think, was hunting and didn't like the scent, but heard her. Since then, they have been trying to patrol the college hangouts." He watches the boys a little longer, noticing how they were smiling at his sisters. "It seems we are on the list of the college hangouts for the more enhanced young ones."

Stoney frowns as he watches. His mind revolving on the way the wolf was brazen in his approach to Alise. A soft growl rises from deep within. "The little ass scared you on purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....