Monday, December 6, 2010

"Raina." The name feels like it has weight and heat. I feel myself moving toward a Change and ruthlessly rein it in. Wouldn't do for her to see me fully vamped-out... not yet.

If I still had to breathe, the sight of her would take my breath. Surely she realizes the effect she has, barely dressed at all, her clothing wet, plastered to her skin, parts of it transparent?

I hitch in a breath anyway, then let it out slowly, my eyes riveted to her. There's fire in my veins now, fire that I have to keep leashed.

Another breath. Another.

"Raina," I say again, then run out of things to say. My pants are too tight, far too tight right now. A part of me is vaguely embarrassed, but the greater part of me hopes she'll be impressed, or at least intrigued.

My libido leaps forward again as I look at her, and once again I rein it in. Damn, the woman could try the resolve of a saint, and I'm no saint! The tiny quirk at the corner of her mouth says she knows exactly the effect she's having....

One of us has to do something, say something, and all my blood has rushed to Little Head - though it's not so little at the moment.

I take a cautious step forward. She stands there hipshot, watching, not moving, her lips slightly parted.

I stop myself when I'm just two steps away. One long stride and I could have her. The thought makes my nonbeating heart race, at least in memory. I make myself back up two steps, giving her some space. I suck in a deep breath and hold it, closing my eyes briefly. When I open them, she's still there, still with that enigmatic look on her face.

"I have to get something to drink," she says quietly. "Maybe when I get back..." She leaves it at that and I watch her go downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....