Monday, December 6, 2010

I watch Raina come back upstairs, leaning against the door to my room, careful to give her all the space she needs to feel safe. She has a couple bottles of beer and offers me one, which I accept gladly - my mouth is dry from watching her walk up those stairs.

My voice is under reasonable control now. "Raina," I say carefully, "I know you probably don't trust me, and believe me, normally that would be the right thing to do. I'm not a very nice guy.

But I'm very attracted to you, and I'd like to get to know you better - " I stop right there, conscious of how lame this sounds. "Oh, hell, Raina, you make me horny as hell. You’d have to be blind not to notice.

I'm not offering anything more permanent than tonight, and see how it goes. Would it help if I offered to take an oath not to harm you?"

"Yes, it would," she says seriously, "but its not to be made lightly or in jest."

I stand straight and tall. "I swear by the blood that gives me life that I will in no way harm you this night."

Then I wink.

"That doesn't include love bites."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....