The dark head rises as Ob walks closer. His eyes watch Ob slide onto a stool next to him.
"I am not here to take anyone, nor am I here as point. I just want to get drunk, Josephito."
"How is my cooza, Keon? Stoney told me she went to check in."
Keon sighed and turned frustrated eyes on Ob. "He sent her out. She hunts tonight. I was forbidden to run by her side. So." Keon hefts the bottle and pours another drink. Ob can see Pandora drifting slowly over and shakes his head at her. He has this.
Ob took the glass and bottle from him. "I know what happens when you drink too much Ke. No more, si?" Ob hands the bottle to Monty."Keep this for him, amigo? He can have more later. half a bottle right now, it is enough." he watches Monty close the bottle and tuck it under the bar. Ob tosses off the drink and claps a hand to Keon's back. "Join us on stage. There is a spare set of strings you can use." Keon shakes his head. "Dude! I have heard you play. c'mon!"
Somehow, Keon ends up joining Ike and Ob onstage, fitting on the straps of the spare guitar. "Lose yourself in the music, mi amigo. Silk told me you play a lot of modern." At Keon's nod, Ob leans close to the mike. Monty dims the lights and Ike blows him another kiss.
Ob's voice is low and slightly gutteral, r's rolling as he deepens his accent. "Good evening assorted creatures of the shadowed lands. I am Obsidian Heart. I apologize for the missing members of Montenegro, but life has a way of interfering, no? So... As I said, I am Obsidian Heart, percussionist. To my right I give you Malachite, lead guitar. To my left, Keon on bass." he pauses and lets an eerie note enter his voice. "Tonight, we are here to entertain you..."
A low moan reverberates through the room as Keon draws his fingers along the strings. Ike begins speaking, her voice soft and silky.
"Moonlight is about to change some people into strange creatures.. and drive other's mad."
She winks at Jeb and Acasha, looks at Monty where he is serving a nice looking woman who is flirting with him. Good for Monty she thinks. Ike closes her eyes, letting the music take her. her body undulates with the beat.
Surprisingly, when the lyrics starts it is Keon who takes the lead, with Ob singing the echoes.
Let's take a blast to the moon baby
I sit around wishing you well
how I'm craving you, yeah!
Every time I'm near you
I always wanna swallow you down
I'll be right here if ya' need me
In my life, I'll need you here, don't ask why
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....