Friday, December 10, 2010

Alise falls into a chair holding her wrist. “He said he would see me again soon.... Why is he here? He cant have been looking for me, he thought I was still dead.”

Raina walks over and sits down next to Alise, “Are you okay? You should probably put some ice on that wrist...”

Alise smiles at her, “Merci, ma soeur. I think he would have broken it had you not stopped him. I feel so bad, like this is all my fault...and I imagine we owe you some kind of explanation..”

Raina reaches over and brushes Alise's hair out of her face. Calling her “my sister” was like a dagger in the heart and takes her breath away for a moment. “None of this is your fault. Some people are just evil. And that one is as evil as they come. As for explanations, whenever you want to talk me is fine. Maybe somewhere quieter than here would be better though. Do you want a glass of wine? I could sure use a drink. And you need some ice. Let me go talk to Patti and I'll be right back.”

Raina walks to the bar and looking back over her shoulder sees that Alise cant take her eyes off Stoney, their love for each other very apparent. I wonder if anyone will ever look at me like that again? Stop.... stop tormenting yourself..... damn memories.... She manages to get the glass of wine, bottle of tequila, several shot glasses and an ice pack back to the table.

Raina takes Alise's arm, “Damn, that looks nasty already. You are gonna have a hell of a bruise there. I am sorry I didnt move a little faster...”

Alise laughs, “I dont think anyone could possibly move any faster. It will be all right, I can move all my fingers. Are you going to drink that whole bottle? It smells horrible...”

Slamming her second shot, Raina grins, “No, not the whole thing. Just need to take the edge off. Too many memories *litill einn. Sometimes I need to drown them. But not tonight. I am only relaxing...I promise you wont have to carry me out of here..."


*little one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....