Wednesday, March 2, 2011









Erik wakes and stretches, reaching for Star who isnt in the bed. Looking around the room he sees her, curled up in a chair near the window giving Mera a bottle.


Star sets the bottle down and puts Mera over her shoulder to burp her. Mera snuggles into Stars neck and Star kisses the soft dark curls. She looks up and sees Erik watching and tries to return the smile but it doesnt quite reach her eyes. Erik watches her eyes swiftly changing colors, her expression confused and almost hurt-looking.

He gets out of bed and goes to her, kneeling next to the chair she is sitting in. “Princess, whats wrong? Tell me..”

“I...its jjj...just... tt...that... I...” Her tongue seems to be stuck and the words wont come.

Erik leans close, kisses her and tells her to breathe. “Its okay, take your time...” Star closes her eyes but not before Erik sees the tears gathering and slip down a cheek.

“Sweetheart, whats wrong? Are you worried about Mera?”

Star shrugs and takes a deep breath. Mya flits down from her perch above the window. “Star loves baby. Wants baby to stay.”

Star looks up into Eriks eyes. “I do love her, but I know she belongs to Keon. And I just feel so bad for him, I cant imagine...”

Erik nods and wraps his arms around her, not sure what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....