Tuesday, March 29, 2011









Keon accompanies Star and myself back to the Tavern, where people are in high spirits indeed. I listen to the talk around me, and eventually I piece together that Jack put on a performance for the preacher. I'm not clear on exactly what that performance was, but it seems that it rid us of the sour wretch for the night. I'd buy Jack a drink, but it seems that Tori already took care of that. I marvel at the gargoyles sometimes - musicians, warriors, artists - is there no end to their talents? I settle for raising my glass to Jack and receive a sheepish grin in return.

From the corner of my eye I see it, a streak of light that shoots straight up into the rafters and hovers there, revealing itself as a demifae. The light it gives shows Mya sitting comfortably in the ever-present greenery - though at this distance it's hard to be sure it's her. Message delivered - I assume - the demifae streaks back out into the night; and then Mya hurls herself from the rafters, straight for Raina's table.

Oho! I wonder what's up now….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....