Tuesday, March 8, 2011









Handing a paper napkin to Nick, Tori explains. "This is a list of suggestions. There are some great places online to shop, but there is a store on the main drag that specializes for our people. A Gremlin owns it and he is a wiz with tech stuff." Anger heats her voice. "His people took the heat for Imps when machines became popular among humankind, so don't think he will screw you over. Besides...." She grins. "If he tries, tell him I'll eat him."

Her eyes seek out Grace. Her energy is dipping dangerously. At her nod, Torrent helps her to her feet.

"We have to go. Tell everyone we had a great time. " She hugs Raina when she joins them. "I am worried about Grace. I already told my sibs we are leaving. I'll call if..."

She leaves the words unsaid, knowing if she calls, they will move heaven and hell to see Grace before she is gone. She turns to see Grace holding court from the passenger's seat of her jeep. The woman is smiling, not quite as tired as moments before. When people move, she sees Tomas in Grace's lap. Tears gather in Tori's eyes and she rubs them away.

"Thanks again for everything. Man, the place looks fabulous..." Something catches her eye, movement near the trees. Keon strides towards them from the shadows. He shakes his head at Tori, glancing towards the gathering. His voice is soft, blurred by his brogue.

"Ye've given her much, lass. Ye've let her know she is nae daft. Get her home afore Tomas' gift wears off."

Tori shakes his hand and hops behind the wheel. She glances back at Torrent, wrapped in a blanket against all the iron.

"You don't look so good Torrent."

The Brownie nods. "I'll be fine. Just get me where I can get out of this metal contraption."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....