Saturday, October 17, 2015


After extended goodbyes - everyone had to have their chance to hold the little one and say goodbye in their own fashion - we take ourselves home, Nadia strapped into the child carrier that Ru has outgrown. Good thing we didn't toss it....

I typed out a text before we left and now, before starting the engine, I click "send". One copy to Raina, one to Tannr. I bet we won't be a mile down the road before we get a call, and as it turns out, I'm right. It's Raina.

"'lo, sis."

"Erik... what's up?"

"We have news... I'll let Star tell you about it."

"No, you tell me."

"I'm driving. Star can handle it...."

"Goddammit, Erik, will you please just tell me what the fuck is going on?"

I grin. My little sister is a spitfire....

"We have a new baby."

"WHAT? A baby? When? Whose?"

I laugh out loud and pass the phone to Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....