Thursday, April 21, 2011








The atmosphere in the Tavern is leaden... dead as disco, and not nearly so cheery as Pax Aeternum on a rainy day. On the plus side, I have no problem getting refills, 'cause I'm damn near the only customer in the place. Which leaves me with nothing to do but wonder how things are going at the Manse....

That changes a moment later when Thea and Count - ooops, I mean Lord Adrian - come downstairs. He looks as close to panic as I've ever seen him - as much as anyone can look panicky while wearing no particular expression - and Thea looks worse.

He loses no time turning to Ob and Pandora. "We just heard the news. Is she all right? Thea has volunteered to donate blood if it is needed... do you know how things stand now?"

Pandora steps into the breach. "I'm afraid we're as much in the dark as you are right now. We expect an update as soon as someone has the time to call us. If you'd care to have a seat, we can pass the news on whenever we get it. Thea, would you care for a drink? And you, my lord... we have some fresh beef blood if you'd care to indulge."

Oh, yum.

"I thank you, madam, but not at this time. Thea... would you care for something, my dear? Anything you would like, and put it on my account."

Thea looks going-in-six-directions-at-once frantic, but orders some white wine - just to put everyone else at ease, I think. From the look on her face when it arrives, she might as well be drinking warm tap water.

Adrian's eyes are just the slightest bit red, but his voice is as sharp as a scalpel.

"Tell me, if you know... did my brother have anything to do with this attack on Star?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....