Thursday, April 21, 2011









Gods, I'm exhausted… physically, mentally, emotionally and probably spiritually. I feel like the AstroTurf after the Ragnarok Bowl. Even my hair is tired….

But worn as I am, Star has to be feeling worse, so I hang in long enough for her to fall asleep. The lights go out for me just a minute or two later.

Tired as I am, I jerk awake when Rowan lightly touches my shoulder. She jumps back just in time.

"Gods, Erik, I'm sorry, I guess I just didn't realize…" She gives me a direct  searching look. "I just wanted to say that you can sleep with Star tonight; just be careful of the incision."

She leaves the room as silently as she came. Somehow, I'm not sure how, I manage to stagger to the bed before my chin hits the floor; and I even manage to snuggle next to Star before the light goes out again.

Good night, sleep tight… zzzzzzzzzzz….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....