Tuesday, April 26, 2011








At a lull in the conversation Tannr pulls out the business card from Marcus. “Hey sis... take a look at this. I was offered a job at this place.” and he hands the card to Raina.

Taking the card and looking at it Raina starts to laugh. “Really? As what? I heard they added male prostitutes to the lineup, but I really cant imagine Tori being too happy about that...”

Shaking his head Tannr says “Nooo....nothing like that. He said it was for security. I need a job, besides the patrols and helping Erik with the place. Not that I mind that...” He was silent for a moment, “I really dont know what Tori would think of it, one way or the other..”

“Well havent you talked about things....I mean like are you dating exclusively or not?” Raina sighs at the blank look on Tannrs face. “You havent had that discussion? Dont you think you should?”

Tannr shrugs and looks down, knowing Raina was right, but afraid to do or say anything that might change things with him and Tori. Afraid he wouldnt be good enough for more than a casual relationship or hated by her family, like Thoras. He had never been good enough for them either...

Raina could have bitten off her tongue when she realized exactly what Tannr was thinking. “Dont listen to me, brother. What do I know? Nothing. Could be a fun job actually. Do you suppose you get discounts as an employee?”

Alise chokes on her wine and Tannr starts to laugh.

“Somehow I doubt it. Did you want me to ask if family members get a discount?” Tannr teases.

“Yeah, would you? Nick and I will be right over checking out the ... umm... possibilities..”

As the teasing and laughing continues Raina notices that Tannrs eyes constantly stray to the band and the red headed gar on the stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....