Monday, April 25, 2011







I'm necking with Colette when my cell goes off. I check the display and swear mildly. "Colette, love, go powder your nose or something. I need to take this." She pouts prettily, retrieves her shoes and panties and leaves me to myself.

"NiteOwl Club, Marcus speaking. My secretary tells me you're looking for something - ah - special?" I smile as the client describes his requirements. "Yes... yes, we can accommodate you there... How soon do you need this?" I arch an eyebrow. "Tonight!? That might be difficult. If we have to pull someone off another assignment, it will, of course, cost extra... Let me check our schedule, hold just a moment...." I punch up the schedule and study it for a moment. "Sir? It looks like we can manage without difficulty. How did you want to pay for this...? That'll be fine... Your card number? ... and the expiration date." I feed the data into the computer and wait for a confirmation. "All right sir, that's been confirmed. You say the client is on his way...? Very good, sir. Thank you for patronizing the NiteOwl Club... good night."

I click the phone closed. "Colette, darling, you can come back now. I have some more dictation for you...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....