Thursday, April 21, 2011








I am in the study, checking through my messages to see if there is aught more that demands my attention tonight. I am interrupted in this endeavor by a sylph that darts in and makes it known that Lady Alise seeks speech with me.

I stretch wearily. Saving lives is ever more difficult than taking them… then I rise from my seat and go to meet her in the hallway just outside.

"Milady Alise… I am told you wish to speak to me. If there is aught lacking, simply speak the words and I will make it right, insomuch as it lies within my power to do so. Nay, tell me… what would you this night?"

She actually curtsies - Good gods, I wonder, when did she learn to do that? - and says, "I want to thank you for the help and hospitality you have extended us all during this terrible time. Erik will not leave Star's side, but I know that he is grateful for all you have done."

I permit myself a rare smile beneath the all-concealing hood. "It is of no moment, but your thanks are gratefully accepted, milady."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....