Wednesday, February 9, 2011








Large hands slap down on the table top. Guunnar forces himself to his feet.

"I need to do sumtink! Sitting here, I am... I need to vork off dis vaiting. Tvillon, vat say du, Ve sparr?"

A slow smile crosses the fair Sidhe's face.

"I could use some exercise, My Friend. What blades shall we use?"

Dimitri leans forward. The dark Italian taps the table. "I would say wooden. make things even all around. Let me see if Monty has something. The back parking lot has few cars tonight. Plenty of room."

Ramji leans against a post, staring up at the stars.

"Who would think so many stars could be seen with all the lights in this time."

"Du are showing your ach, Ramji."

The small Rider nods, taking a wooden blade from Dimitri as he nudges open the Tavern's back door.

"Me? I may be older than Dimitri, but I am a pup compared to you old man!"

He swings the blade at Guunnar who back steps, pulling a longsword from the pile in Dimitri's arms. The two circle the lot, tentative clacks turning into a staccato of cracking wood. Dimitri and Twillon choose their blades and wait.

It isn't long before Guunnar swings too high and Ramji ducks under his arm. Turning too fast, Guunnar stumbles. His momentum takes him towards Twillon. Without thinking, Twillon's blade counters. Soon he is dancing across the stone lot as well. Dimitri laughs and joins the fray.

Grunts and groans soon punctuate the air as much as the slap of hardwood. Trooper steps from the shadows, easing himself onto the corner of the back step. His eyes watch the shadows, guarding the fighters.

Movement on a balcony draws Guunnar's eye and he steps back, looking up. Ob holds Chloe, arm around his wife, watching the swordplay. Guunnar salutes and looks down just in time to stop Dimitri from scoring. He renews his attack, beating back the smaller man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....