Wednesday, February 23, 2011









When Star realizes that Erik is going her head snaps up and her eyes turn brown with worry. “No, no, no... he cc..cant leave mm..me here alone...” Her plea is barely a whisper but Raina and Alise both hear her.

Alise reaches across the table, “You wont be alone. I will be here, and Stoney. You are part of our family too, you can stay with us...” Her voice trails off when she sees Star struggling not to cry.

A quick exchange of glances has Raina going to get Erik. Block headed damn Viking. He needs to talk to his wife and he is talking strategy with Gareth. She must be really upset, she hasnt stuttered in months....

Eriks head snaps up when he hears his name. He sees Raina looking concerned and his first thought is that she has thought of something they may need to consider in capturing Morgan.

“I know you and I know your head is full of fighting and planning. But your wife needs to spend at least a few minutes with you right now. We can plan on the way.”

Erik stands, “Thanks sis...what an ass...kick me later would you?”

He pulls up a chair next to the booth and sits down.

“Princess... come here....” Erik pulls Star out of the booth and into his lap. “You understand that I have to do this, dont you?”

Stars face is buried in Eriks neck and he feels a small nod.

“I cant take you with me, not this time. Where we are going and with this prophecy thing it would be like painting targets on both of our backs. When I get back, we can go back to the cabin, and not worry about that bitch every time we turn around.” Erik wraps his arms around Star. His hands run through her silver hair and tip her head up for a kiss. “I love you.”

Star smiles through her tears, her eyes changing from brown, to gray, then pink. The expression on her face giving no doubt as to how much Erik means to her. “I love you too.”

Raina has wandered close, leans towards Star and teasing her says, “I promise I wont let anything happen to the big lug. I'll bring him back, thats if you really want him back...”

A soft giggle and Star nods, “Oh yes, I want him back.”

“Good. I'm leaving Panther here with you. She'll watch out for you and Lobo. I need to get the rest of my stuff....” Raina stands and heads upstairs. She looks back over her shoulder at her brother, Gods, help me make sure he gets back in one piece. And Tara, my sister if you are listening, watch over Star. You would have loved her too, I am sure of it.... A feather light touch against her cheek and a whisper of soft laughter makes Raina smile. Pakka þú minn systir, þakka þú …*.


*thank you my sister, thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....