Wednesday, February 23, 2011








I watch from an upper balcony. The other women and the children are walking the gardens. The cats have brought the kittens out, something unusual given the nature of cats, and the three little ones are in a wonderful world. Even Lobo is playing. Of course that consists of mostly laying still while the kittens climb over her, or bat at her.

Star sits on the ground, Mera in her lap. The others are sitting on a bench, talking. Stoney is not with them, but I soon see him emerge from the trees near his workshop. Those of us who are artists immerse ourselves in our favorite distractions when we need to stop thinking. For Stoney, he is going to literally pound clay.

I had talked to him before the women left. He filled me in on the plans. When Morgan is in their hands, Ob is going to take first strike. His blow will depend on her. If she is wounded, it will be a healing strike, one to lessen her pain so she can feel what they have to give. If she has healed her injuries, he will give her the first telling cut. Gareth and Keon will strike last, as they have lost the most.

Keon has said little, and my cooza worries about him. he has gone back
to the closed, quiet Rider they first met, not the humorous friend he has shown. I told Stoney that is Keon's way. He is Sidhe. What drives him right now is Grief and Anger, better that than Hatred.

I find my CD player and the music I use to practice. My heart is with Morgan's hunters. I would like to have been among those to bring her down, but this is not my hunt. Gareth and Keon need this closure more than any. I set up in my accustomed place, the back patio. I lose myself in the music, dancing the harem dances, mixing in the killing thrusts that keep me alive in battle.

I feel the setting of the sun, hear the approach of several feet. I know when they stop to watch silently. My blades shimmer, reflecting the solar lamps' light, sweat glides down my back, and I adjust my breathing patterns, but I don't stop until the song ends. If I had an opponent, he would be dead at my feet, blade thrust through his heart.

They say nothing as I keep that stance. These women have been around magic enough to know one does not interrupt a spell. Both Pandora and Alise have seen me dance to cast. Was I casting? No. But they do not take the chance. I rise and bow, smiling as they applaud.

I glide to Pandora and kiss her cheek. I can feel her curiousity, since there was no magic for he to sense, at least none more than the pervasive sense of magic that surrounds the property. Kissing her cheek I take Chloe from her arms and slide my own around her waist. I can feel her through my cousin, feel the wonder she has at the property, but also the deep sorrow at Ob being gone. I am relaxed and it shows in the purr of my r's.

"My ladies, Re'mee has taken heemself down to hees workshop. Eef there ees a movie you would like to see that is not among Magnus' collection, I can have eet delivered. I had the sylphs set up an area in the TV room for the leetle ones." I smile. "Or, we can just sit out here and enjoy the night."

They begin to move to the benches and a sylph appears. It inquires about refreshments and is soon gone. I bounce Chloe on my knee and she giggles. Alise sets Tomas down and he begins to explore the paving stones. Grace sets Tara down also and she plays with the pretty patterns.

"Merde Alise! you are groweeng faster weeth theese one, no?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....