Monday, February 21, 2011









Should anyone I'm involved with ever give birth - which is impossible, since the dead are by nature sterile - remind me to be thousands of miles away from this tavern when it happens. An event that should be largely private, between two people and maybe their physicians, has now attracted more hangers-on than a Bon Jovi concert.

It was Ob who approached Raina. Raina told me; and while she was arranging to borrow Erik's Jeep, I was downstairs, taking Cassie from Guunnar. Strong as he is - and he is, make no mistake - she was like a child in my hands. I held onto her while Raina brought the Jeep around and once Keon was in the back, I carefully passed Cassie to him.

So now we're on the way to the lake… Yes, I do have a driver's license, though it's not in my name. It's seldom an issue, since I don't drive a lot, but once in a while - like now - it's handy. Besides, people tend to look askance at people who have no documentation….

I'm focused on my driving, so I really can't tell you what happens along the way. When we get to the lake, I help Cassie out, waiting for Keon, and then I carry her to the edge of the lake and set her down gently. Raina hugs Cassie and wishes her a safe birth and then we move to the edge of the woods to give them some space for this most private moment….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....