Wednesday, February 23, 2011









Keon smiles to himself. He rocks Mera gently in his arms. Her dark eyes open and she looks up at Keon, blinking in the light. He touches her cheek gently, the darkness of his skin a stark contrast to her pale tones. He swallows hard, steeling himself for what he feels he needs to do.

His steps are quiet as he approaches Erik and Star. What he is about to do is ripping him apart. His face settles into a neutral expression, only his eyes betraying the pain. His words are soft, directed only to his daughter.

"*Caithfidh mé mo dhualgas, brón orm beag amháin."

He clears his throat, waiting until the couple looks at him. His voice is Court bland. "My friends, this is difficult, but I must ask.'" His finger traces along his daughter's jaw and he sighs. "Lady Star, would you find it a burden if I ask you to care for Mera, so I may accompany the others. I would stand for my daughter." His voice cracks, but he quickly recovers. "And for my ^grá mhionn."


*I must do my duty, I am sorry little one.

^sworn love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....