Tuesday, February 22, 2011








I borrow a large spoon from Monty and rap loudly on the bar. When a few heads to turn to see what's up, I rap some more.

"Forgive me," I say haltingly. "Perhaps I'm not the best choice for this, but someone has to begin things, and I don't see anyone else doing it. If someone wants to take over at any time, just step up - but for now, we need to talk."

Some glimmerings of interest are showing here and there. Emboldened, I keep going.

"We've done little but talk about Morgan up to this point, making vague plans to get her 'someday'; as a result, one of us is dead. Inari and Jack have already left for the Unformed Plane to find her and bring her back, and K'thyri has her scent and will be hot on her trail. Are we all going to hang back and let them do all the work?"

There's a low growl beginning, mostly anger, and part of it, no doubt, directed at me; but I press on.

"Some of you may blame me for bringing Morgan here, and it's true, I had my part in this tragedy, but consider this; Morgan was already here, already planning to steal children, before I broke away from her. It's the only reason she was here on the mortal plane.

I have sworn blood-feud against her, sworn to wash my hands in her blood, and it's a vow I mean to keep. I leave for the Unformed Plane within the hour. Would any care to join me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....