Wednesday, February 23, 2011









There is a beep from the laptop. The only email that is programed to give an alert is the one set up for direct communication with Mortuis and his cadre of informants. Bros... listen up! She passes on the information.

Stoney talks to Alise, their conversation quiet, but for them, it is going home. The fiery conversation is Obsidian and Pandora. This is her place, her business, hers to protect.

Ob urges Pandora to accept the invitation. Chloe's eyes flit between her parents, growing wider and wider as they argue. When he growls, Chloe whimpers against her mother.

"Mujer, damn it! This is a place of business, but you are my wife, Chloe my daughter. I will pack your bags myself. The *puta had spies here! My heart will be less worried if you are with my cooza and her Sorcerer. Don't do it for me... do it for Chloe."

His eyes flash, anger and worry. Chloe stares at him, lips pouting. Her sudden wail stops Ob short. "Merde." He drops into a chair, pulling Pandora into his lap, He cuddles his family close.

"No, no chica. Papacita is not mad at you. I just want you safe, Mama'... she knows." Chloe's tears won't stop and Ob looks helplessly at Pandora. She clucks her tongue, rocking in Ob's lap. As Pandora quiets their daughter, Ob holds them both. "Please Bruha..."

Tori kneels before the chair, placing a hand on Pandora's knee. "The Manse is the safest place. Ike and I will stay here to guard the Tavern. I want Grace to go as well. She'll feel better if you are there." Tori's voice lowers. "I am afraid someone will try for her since she has become a regular here. Torrent and Guunnar will go as guards until you are all through Mortuis' gates. Then they are coming back here."


*whore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....