Monday, February 14, 2011








I smile at Chloe. Her thoughts make little sense to me, save images. Her hands touch my face and suddenly things are clearer. I nod to Pandora.

"She is more than just a child of the Desert. She is also your child, Pandora. I would be happy to aid in her education."

I feel the flutter of the folds on her back. Chloe touches me again, and I get the image of wings spread wide. I speak aloud so Pandora can understand what Chloe wants to know.

"No, little one. Your wings need to strengthen before you can fly like Pa'pa."

The image of wings on Pandora's back has me laughing.

"I am sorry. Mamacita only flies in Pa'pa's arms. She has no wings."

A small green dragon dives past overhead. Chloe's eyes follow it. She looks at Pandora, then me. I shrug, laughing. "You are going to have your hands full, Cooza. She is an inquisitive one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....