Monday, February 14, 2011
As Alise watches Inari and her friend she has the same thought as Star, Mon Dieu, what is wrong with her ears? Are they naturally like that?
After Star hands the sword back and Raina returns to Gareth and Nick, curiosity takes over. Alise approaches the newcomer still speaking with Star and Inari.
Star smiles and reaches for Tara who is happy to be handed around to all her favorite people in one night. Star kisses the little head and then introduces Alise to Inari and K'thyri.
As Alise and Inari exchange pleasantries, Ky is aware of the little one staring at her ears. She cocks her head towards Tara and wiggles an ear at her, causing a peal of giggles that startles Alise. Ky repeats the gesture and has Tara reaching for one of the long ears.
Alise stops her daughter by grabbing the small hand, “No, no Tara, that might hurt.” She turns to K'thyri, “I apologize, she is starting to grab everything in sight...”
Ky shakes her head, “Its fine. She wont hurt me.”
Ky is watching Tara as she watches her. “Is she an empath? Or just a very old soul?”
Startled by the question Alise says, “I dont know. An empath? Would that not be an inherited trait?”
Reaching for Tara Ky nods, “I think so, but I am not positive. Can I hold her?”
Alise nods and lets her thoughts find her husband, Chiot? An empath? Is that even possible? Wouldnt Raina be able to tell?
The band has just finished the last song of the set and Stoney responds, I am not sure Chaton, why do you...
His thought incomplete and his head snaps up as he leaves the stage and sees his family. Tomas is content as can be, rolling around the playpen with Stars pup. His glance moves to Alise and then the fierce looking warrior fae that is holding his baby daughter. Alise can feel his concern and protectiveness and turns. Seeing the stormy look on his face she lays a hand on his chest. It is fine Chiot. Star would not have let Tara near anyone who would harm her.
Stoney relaxes when he hears Tara squeal and laugh trying to catch one of Ky's ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....