Monday, February 7, 2011
We make our way back to Raina's room, get ready for bed. I spoon myself against her back, fitting my body to hers - and then she says, "Oh, fuck."
I lean up on one elbow and arch an eyebrow. "Again? Gods, you're insatiable."
"Smartass - and you should talk," but she's grinning when she says it. "I left my vest in Nick's room this afternoon, when I changed into my robes for the wedding. My tanto's in it."
"Well, Nick's there… he won't let it walk away."
"Nick's going to be dead come the dawn. You could rob him or rape him and he wouldn't know or care till the sun goes down." She looks at me. "Would you mind? I'll do naughty things to you when you get back…."
"I'm on my way."
I slip back into the robe and blow Raina a kiss.
Outside Nick's room, I swipe the key-card and enter to see -
Nick, thrashing on the bed, fully vamped out, a reddish tinge like fever underlying the white skin. He's gasping like a dying fish, convulsing, with eyes that have seen all the horrors of Hell up close
I race down the hall. "Rainaaaa…!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....