Monday, February 7, 2011
A very reasonable fee purchases us a few hours in one of the private areas of the Tavern - a room equipped with a hot tub. It doesn't take long for the three of us to get undressed - we're getting a lot of practice at that - and to climb into the tub together, in extremely close proximity.
After that, things seem to happen in slow motion, which is an agreeable way to go about it. Kisses are slow and leisurely, touches and caresses linger... three people enjoying each other to the fullest.
There's sex - absolutely! - but it seems somehow secondary to the sharing of touch and emotion tonight. We're connecting on levels beyond the physical. I don't pretend to understand it, but I like it.
Maybe - just maybe, mind you; I'm sure I'd be the wrong one to ask - maybe we've gone beyond having sex at this point.
Maybe we're making love.
There's some desultory conversation early on about the house - whether we can get it, how much we want to pay, and so on - but it's quickly dispensed with in favor of play.
Gareth talks about trying to find a job nearby that'll allow him to keep one of our old rooms after we move. Raina and I almost lose it then. "Gareth, how many nights have you spent alone since we became lovers? And what makes you think that's going to change?
Besides, from what you say, the place is going to need some work before we can move in... if you'll help us fix it up, we'll feed you - and I'm sure we can arrange a few fringe benefits, too....
Might take us a while to get it ready if we have to set time aside for playing... but I don't think there's a real big rush... do you?"
Some hours later, a tired but happily sated Raina leaves for her room with Gareth in tow. I have another hour or so and then I have to settle in for the day - and it's kinda creepy, I'm told, sleeping with a corpse….
I make my way back to my room, drop my clothes on the chair and hang my robe on the back of the bathroom door. Just about an hour till dawn… I snag the blood from the fridge and lean back against the headboard. Just a nightcap before the dawn… or should that be a daycap?
I take a few hits straight from the bottle, lowering the level by maybe a third, then set it aside and compose myself for the day.
PAIN!
It races through my veins like quicksilver, like my blood itself is on fire, raging, burning me alive from the inside out. My eyes feel hot, shriveled; my throat is parched and dry. My hands claw impotently at nothing at all and my fangs slide out, looking for something to sink into, something to end this, something…. I jerk like a hooked fish, thrashing uncontrollably on the bed. Gods, what's happening to me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....