Friday, February 11, 2011
There's a sudden - not hush - but stillness, and I look up to see what's going on.
Ahh… Inari has just entered. She's short for an elf, dressed in dark, travel-stained leathers. She wears her hair - brown, with blonde highlights - in a single long braid that falls to her waist. I see several of the men offer her abbreviated bows, just a slight inclining of the head, not much more than a nod. She gives each a tight smile in return.
It never ceases to amaze me that this slight little thing is known far and wide as The Queen's Blade. I watch her throughout the meal. She's animated, friendly but not garrulous and as courteous speaking with the lowest servant as with a high commander.
I know some high commanders who could learn a few things from her….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....