Thursday, February 10, 2011
The sisters have settled for the day, succumbing to their stone forms. Ob and Stoney touch their minds, wishing them a good rest, knowing they have a few more hours. It has been a long, trying day and night.
Ob wraps his body around Pandora's as she sits on the bed, nursing Chloe. His hand trails up and down her spine, massaging her tired muscles. He has been hiding the train of his thoughts, but the worry keeps leaking to Pandora and Chloe. He sighs deeply.
"What's wrong, my love?"
He shifts to sit up and take Chloe to burp her.
"Morgan. That fae bitch worries me. I love you, Bruha, more than I ever thought I could love anyone." Chloe yanks his hair. He holds her out so he can see her.
"Behave pequen'a bruha. Pa'pa loves his little witchling as much as her mamacita."
Chloe giggles and he cradles her in his arm.
"I want nothing to happen to either of you. I would lock you in this room, but I know that isn't practical."
Can't cage them Bro. Your wife is like mine, strong in her own self. Our children are more than human. We would know if something were wrong.
Stoney's words are true, and in themselves are a comfort. Pandora snuggles close, having heard the thoughts as well.
I just want them safe, Dude. All of them... Ob slides his arm around Pandora and empties his mind of all things except their scents and auras.
Stoney helps Alise settle the twins for sleep. Tara keeps opening and closing her hand, staring at it. Alise talks softly to her, explaining again that Cassie's color is like the demifae's wings, a part of them and not something they could share with her. She pouts and Stoney laughs.
"Maybe Cassandra would like to come visit. She seemed to like both of you."
An image of Star and her puppy pops in his head and he tickles Tomas' belly.
"Yes we will ask Star if she and Erik will bring the puppy to visit as well."
He catches the concern and hesitation in Alise's mind. Tomas whimpers, sounding almost like a puppy himself. Alise sighs and nods. Stoney grins and half whispers to his son.
"See *peu guerrier... mama' will come around. After all, pa'pan is a dog half the time."
Alise tosses a pillow at his back. Stoney laughs as it hits him in the head...
*little warrior
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....