Tuesday, February 1, 2011








Raina watches as Erik and Star head upstairs. She moves to where Gunnaar is sitting, flirting with a shifter, and asks if she can talk to him for a minute.

Gunnaar leans close so that Raina can speak quietly, his hands resting on the bar.

“I know you saw the look on Stars face before she went upstairs. What was your impression? Mine is scaring me and I dont want to be mistaken about this.” Raina speaks softly so no one else can overhear.

“I think she vill kill herself if Erik does not vin. Or she vill try... We vill stop her though, if the worst happens.”

Raina nods, “I was afraid thats what she was thinking. So you will help me keep an eye on her? I have to watch Erik too. And you have seen how damn fast she moves. If she can snatch fruit off your plate in the blink of an eye, I imagine she can move a dagger just as fast...”

Remembering how quick Star can move Gunnaar wrinkles his brow and nods. “I vill watch. And I vill tell Keon too. We wont let little Star hurt herself..”

“Thank you.” Raina kisses his cheek and turns, Looking for Nick. She sees him sitting in a booth with Gareth, heads together, talking about something. She hesitates to interrupt but wants to tell them they can have tonight to themselves if they want. She walks over and sits next to Nick.

“Hey baby..” Raina kisses him then leans over the table and kisses Gareth. “I have something to tell you guys. If you want to be alone tonight, its fine with me. I have to get some sleep. I promised Alise a ride to see Rowan first thing in the morning and then I have to go with Erik and Star..”

Nick nods, “The fight?”

“Yes, and I have to be there for him. I promised to look after Star if anything happens to him.”

Gareth nods and Nick says, “He'll be fine. He knows what he is doing.”

“I know that, but just in case. And Star has pretty much said she has no future without him...I cant let that happen. So I need to be on my toes. Also, just in case Keon has made some deal with the fae. I dont want them to get away with anything. I dont make deals. My brother dies and they die, its as simple as that.”

Gareth leans forward and takes her hands in his. “We'll be here when you get back.”

“I know...” Raina laughs softly, “But tonight you guys go ahead and have fun together. Tell me all the delicious details tomorrow evening. Preferably in bed, naked, with a drink and a hard-on.... both of you....” Raina stands and kisses them again. “Night, have a good one.” and she heads upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....