Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Raina hears the men sparring in the alley below. She wipes her face and watches silently. The breeze moves her hair away from her face and Erik thinks to himself that she looks a lot like her mother, the slanted eyes and dark hair. Her mother always looked sad though. She must have missed her family and homeland terribly.
Rainas pets have not left her. Snake keeps rubbing her head on Rainas neck making Erik smile.
Turning to her brother Raina says, “I bet it was that redheaded bitch. No one else would do such a thing or have access to that poison. I know it was her. If he dies... I swear I will find her. And feed her the same poison, drop by fucking drop and laugh as she dies.” She lowers her head, “Gods, I love him so much. I keep thinking this has to be some awful nightmare and I will wake up soon to find him laughing and talking to me...”
Erik sees Alise come through the doorway to the roof. Her expression is serious, her eyes full of sadness as she looks at Raina. Raina looks up, “Alise, is he gone? Please dont tell me he...”
“No, no he is still with us. But Rowan thinks you should go to him. I need to go check on the twins and I will be back.”
Raina nods and Erik helps her to her feet.
“Brother, I love you. But you just got married, you should be with your wife..”
Erik smiles to hear a bit of the bossy sister he loves. “Star is fine, she is helping with the babies. She understands, she loves you too.”
Alise goes to find Stoney and Erik takes his sister back to Nicks room, hoping she is strong enough to endure what he thinks is going to happen fairly soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....