Wednesday, February 9, 2011









The night has deepened enough that the stars are reflected on the water. Cassie's head rests on Keon's shoulder. His mood has been somber since he recieved his friend's call.

"Keon... is there a charm to help Nick? Like the one you used to make yourself immune to my poison?" She strokes her finger tips along his thigh. His head turns slowly, eyes widening. "What?"

"Nay charm, lass. But ye have given me a thought."

Flipping open his cell, Ke punches speed dial. He puts it on speaker. A soft voice answers, the soft roll of the r's unmistakable.

"I am herre. Speak to me."

"Me lady. Is Mortuis near? Put me on speaker?"

"Here."

"Cassandra suggested something. There is no charm that I know of to stop the poison, but... perhaps a few drops of my own... I am immune to Cassie's poison. Is there a chance it may calm Nicholas' blood? At least give him time?"

There is a pause, then Silk's voice. "What are you suggesting Lord Blackthorn?"

"An experiment. Take some of my blood, drop it in a few drops of Nick's... see if it helps. If I take the Shadow path, we can be there in moments."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments... we get comments....