Saturday, February 12, 2011
Keon watches as Mab crosses the room to a set of heavy drapes. Pulling on a cord, the drapes slide open revealing a large Mirror.
She laughs.
"Mirror, Mirror on the Wall,
Show Me Queen Titania's Hall."
There is a soft ring of bells.
A few moments later the beautiful Queen of the Seelie fades into view.
"Greeting Cousin, Queen Titania. How fares Your Crown tonight?"
Titania smiles.
"Greeting Cousin, We fare well, as I assume does Your own?"
Mab laughs. "Fine, courtesies are over. You have heard the case of Bloodmane?"
Titania's eyes harden. "I see we are of a mind. I am setting out an edict. As she is a resident of the Unseelie, I am claiming all rights to her holdings."
Her smile is cold. "Will you bear witness to this?"
"Of course Mab. I have sent out an edict for her arrest and the arrest of any giving her aid. Shall I have my scribe copy your words?"
"It would be for the best, Titania."
Mab looks to the side. "Scribe, attend..."
The fae settles at a table and sets quill to script. As she speaks, he sets her words in motion.
Be it known to all within our Realm, territories, and possessions; that Morgan, called Bloodmane, is herewith named outlaw and enemy of the Realm. Her estates and possessions are confiscate and forfeit to the Crown. None shall protect or aid or offer her succor; those who defy this edict shall share her fate. The sentence is death, and any loyal subject may enforce it without fear of reprisal.
Given this day, under My Hand and Seal...
Mab,
Queen of Dark and Shadows
Ruler of the Unseelie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....