Saturday, February 12, 2011
Dinner completed, Lord Nyr offers a tour of the gardens to Twillon and Weebit as the Queen attends to Court business. Once they are outside, Nyr casts a spell of silence around them.
"Now..." He holds Twillon at arm's length by the shoulders. "By the Gods Rah', it is good to see you. We thought you lost to us." He smiles at Weebit. "How did a beautiful little woman like you end up in the company of this rogue?"
Weebit blushes. "I am not beautiful my Lord. I am crippled. My beautiful wings are long gone. The Queen is kind, but..." She smiles sadly up at Twillon, "he saved what he could."
Twill's eyes harden. "The alchemist made a compound with part of the Bloodbane plant. The dust acted like acid. I don't know what stopped it." Weebit leans against his neck. "I am sorry honey girl, I know it still burns."
Nyr grins. "Honey girl?"
Weebit giggles. "He fed me honey all the time. Didn't know what else to give me, I was so sick. After a while all he asked was 'Honey, girl?' It stuck. Torrent gave me the name Weebit. I am his Wee bit of magic..."
Nyr laughs. "It is good to have many names little one. Always hide your true one. Rah' has. So many here do not know the name of the outcast son of the Twillon clan."
Demifae rise from the flowerbeds, curious at the bubble of silence. They keep their distance, darting back and forth in the will-o-wisp lighting. Pixies peek out from under bushes. Nyr finds a bench and the men sit as the spell dissolves. Twill lowers Weebit onto his thigh where she curls her feet under the skirt of her gown, watching as the others of her kind fly about.
A young male hovers before her, holding out his hands. Weebit shakes her head, dropping her chin on her knees. He trills to some other males and they bring a wide leaf. She looks at it doubtfully, but the young male urges her to sit on it. Soon she finds herself being lifted into the air. She stares back at Twillon and he smiles.
"I will go nowhere, Weebit. I will wait on you here, They will show you the garden as it is meant to be seen."
She grips the side of the leaf as they take her on a tour. Her giggles can be heard, along with the piping of the other fae. Soon she is being brought back, held chairlike in the arms of two males. They help her find her balance, kissing her cheeks, before darting into the night.
Weebit looks up at Twillon, almond eyes wide, dark eyes glittering.
"They tell me many do not have wings. They could find a mount for me..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments... we get comments....